In the upper Midwest we have this small window of perfect weather. When the evenings are finally getting to be nice and when we can be outside and the mosquitoes are not going to carry us away. Now is the time for that window so it is best to make good use of your time outside! Well…..you still may need to take precautions from those pesky mosquitoes! One of the ways our family likes to spend outside is to make s’mores and we increase our fun when we invite our friends and neighbors over to join us. What is happening now is our kids get older is that they invite their friends over for a night by the fire. What a great thing to know that teenagers can still sit by the glow of a fire and not by the glow of their cell phones!
We now keep all of our fixings’ in a bucket and when the time is right; we just grab out bucket and head outside. We no longer have to scramble around the house to make sure that everything is ready. What often would happen is that we realize that we are out of one of the crucial ingredients….keeping them all together solves that problem as I can glance in the bucket and see what is missing so that I can add it to my grocery list. (This also makes a great hostess gift if you are invited to someone’s lake home for the weekend!)
- Candy bars: Hershey bars are the traditional ones but how about Reese’s peanut butter cups or gourmet chocolate bars?
- Marshmallows: These now come in various sizes and flavors. My favorites are still the traditional ones!
- Graham Crackers: How about trying fudge striped cookies or some Pepperidge Farm gourmet cookies?
- Roasting Sticks.
- Fire starter or matches.
- Fire starting log, not gasoline as I have seen some teenage boys try to use!
- Plenty of firewood.
- Baby wipes to clean off those sticky faces and fingers.
- And a bucket to store everything in. My bucket even has the word s’mores in vinyl letters on the outside of it.
To Joyful, Simplified Living,
MS. Simplicity, also known as Melissa Schmalenberger operates her business as I Did it with MS. Simplicity. She is a Professional Organizer based out of Fargo, ND and her website can be found at http://www.mssimplicity.com/
- Interested in starting your own Professional Organizing business, visit http://www.mssimplicity.com/consultant-program/ to learn about how Melissa can help you!
- Need to contact MS. Simplicity privately, you can email her at email@example.com.
- For daily organizing tips find the MS. Simplicity fan page here.
- Order featured Clever Container organizing supplies here, consultant ID #18.