Finding time to organize is often a losing battle. One that I share your pain in! But I find if I can just take 10 minutes to quickly work on something I can usually accomplish it. So if you have 10 minutes here are some things that you can quickly organize and get done. I have listed 7 tasks to get you through 7 days or one week. Make sure that you have your donation box ready to go as you are going to fill it up this week!
1. Go through three dresser drawers. I did that and the picture above is the results of what I pulled out. These were clothes that were either worn out or were too big. You would be surprised at how much you don’t actually wear.
2. Wash out two interior drawer shelves of the refrigerator. Take the time to wash them down with warm soapy water and toss the old and expired.
3. Go through two bathroom drawers. Only keep what you actually use. Do you have good intentions of using the little shampoos from hotels? Now is the time to use them up or donate them to a women’s shelter.
4. Grab 5 pairs of shoes that nobody wears anymore or that are too small.
5. Find 10 items in your kitchen that haven’t seen the light of day in a year…time to donate them!
6. Venture into your junk drawer and find 5 or more things that you are ready to part with.
7. Look at your cleaning supplies. How many of them do you really use? Keep what you use and donate or safely discard what you no longer use.
Leave a comment on your success stories! I know for many of you this is going to give you a snowball effect…you will just keep going once you start. Remember, the key is to just start!
To Joyful, Simplified Living,
MS. Simplicity, also known as Melissa Schmalenberger operates her business as I Did it with MS. Simplicity. She is a Professional Organizer based out of Fargo, ND and her website can be found at http://www.mssimplicity.com/
- Interested in starting your own Professional Organizing business, visit http://www.mssimplicity.com/consultant-program/ to learn about how Melissa can help you!
- Need to contact MS. Simplicity privately, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For daily organizing tips find the MS. Simplicity fan page here.
- Order featured Clever Container organizing supplies here, consultant ID #18.