So if you want a Functional Fabulous Fall join in on the organizing challenge that I have in store for you for the next 5 weeks. If you complete the challenges, make a comment on facebook on in the comment section of my blog. Each time you comment you will be entered to win 1 hour of my services. If you live within 10 miles of Fargo, ND I will come to your home. If you are the winner and live out of the area we will chat via Skype or on the phone about organizing. Want extra chances of winning, share my blog and facebook page with your friends and family and tell me that you did it.
Around the House: Here is a quick list to get you started on getting the inside of you home ready for the fall. Last week we worked on the kitchen. This week it is some of the other rooms in the house.
- Flip the mattresses:A great way to extend the life of a mattress is to make sure that it gets even wear and tear by flipping it. Doing so ensures that your bed doesn’t all of a sudden become one where you have an outline of your body when you get out.
- Change or Clean your Furnace Filter: Some filters need to be replaced monthly and some less frequently. Save money on your heating and cooling costs by making sure you have a clean filter as your furnace and air conditioner will run more efficiently.
- Schedule the carpets to be cleaned:Carpet will last much longer if you schedule regular cleanings. Did you know that a majority of household dust comes in from the bottom of your shoes. So if you want to cut down on dust in your home, have everyone leave their shoes out of the house.
- Check the smoke detectors: A reminder is often given that the changing of the time in the Spring and Fall is also a good time to check those smoke detectors batteries. Grab a step stool and make your rounds around the house.
To Joyful, Simplified Living,
MS. Simplicity, also known as Melissa Schmalenberger operates her business as I Did it with MS. Simplicity. She is a Professional Organizer based out of Fargo, ND and her website can be found at http://www.ididit-fargo.com/ .
• Interested in starting your own Professional Organizing business, visit http://www.mssimplicity.com/ to learn about how Melissa can help you!
• Need to contact MS. Simplicity privately, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org .
• MS. Simplicity offers monthly classes and does public speaking, click here to find out the latest offerings!
• For daily organizing tips find the MS. Simplicity fan page here.