Another holiday and another reason to eat! The plan should be to plan the day before and set things out when it is time to eat. Don’t spend the day cooking, spend the day celebrating! Well let’s just cut to the chase and give you a few of my favorites and what I plan on making this weekend.
Â Bean and Hamburger Hotdish
(This is a great one to put in the slow cooker to simmer away all day)
- 1/2 pound bacon – cooked
- 1 pound hamburger – cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large can pork and beans or 2 16oz. cans
- 1 can kidney beans (drained)
- 1 can lima beans (drained)
- 1 can butter beans (drained)
- 1 large can Bush’s baked beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 Tablespoon vinegar
- Mix and add to beans and hamburger mixture. Put in slow cooker for as long as you wish on low or in oven at 300 degrees for 2 hours. May need to add a bit of liquid from the drained beans if it is getting dry.
- 1 cucumber
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- Chop vegetables and mix vinaigrette and let sit for several hours before serving. Toss before serving.
Select Deli Salad:
- 1/2 pound dry rainbow rotini cooked and drained
- Jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 5 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower
- 1 cup fresh broccoli
- 1 cup diced Monterrey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Prepare rotini and drain. In large bowl combine rotini and remaining ingredients, toss to mix. Cover; chill and toss before serving.
Beer Marinade for Beef
(I always had this as a kid with t-bones, it is yummy)
- Can of beer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 Tablespoon sugar or honey
- 4 Tablespoon marmalade
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Simply mix and marinate with meat of choice and then grill meat to desired doneness.
(an olide but goodie)
- 1 package crushed Oreo cookies
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces of Cool Whip
- 2 packages instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- Blend together the cream cheese and the 3/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Mix the pudding and the milk.Blend in with cream cheese mixture and Cool Whip.
- Put a layer of crumbs, then pudding the another layer of crumbs. Let stand for 4 hours in a cold place.
Â To Joyful, Simplified Living,
Â MS. Simplicity
MS. Simplicity, also known as Melissa SchmalenbergerÂ operates her business as I Did it with MS. Simplicity.Â She is a Professional Organizer based out of Fargo, ND and her website can be found at http://www.ididit-fargo.com/ .
- Interested in starting your own ProfessionalÂ Organizing business,Â visitÂ http://www.mssimplicity.com/ Â to learn about how Melissa can help you!Â
- Need to contact MS. Simplicity privately, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MS. Simplicity offers monthly classes, click here to find out the latest offerings!
- For daily organizing tips find the MS. Simplicity fan page here.
Blog Subjects365 Clever Cookbooks Appetizers breakfast budget business Children Christmas Christmas baking Closets clutter easy family Family Meals fast meals food gifts graduation grill grilling holiday Holidays home kids kids in the kitchen life main dishes moms money MS. Simplicity New Year's Resolutions organize organized organizing parents pasta school SheSays She says shopping Slow Cooker Spring Organizing Challenge sweets thanksgiving Vegetarian Week in Review