Today is the day that we are all a little o’bit of Irish.Â This cake is a fun one to make and just as fun to eat!Â Easy to make and the kids can help with the crushing of the Andes Mints and Oreos.Â
- Â White cake mix (and what it takes to make it, mine was 3 eggs, water and oil)
- Great Chocolate sauce, 1 jar
- Creme de Menthe syrup (about 1/4 cup in the cake and 1/4 cup in frosting depends on how minty you like it)
- Cool Whip
- Additional toppings of chopped Andes mints and crushed Oreos (thanks Lisa for that idea)
- Mix the white cake mix according to directions and add about 1/4 cup of the Creme de Menthe Syrup.Â Place in sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan and bake according to package directions.Â Mine took about 32 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- When the cake is cool, poor the hot the entire jar of hot fudge sauce over the cake.Â I had to heat my hot fudge sauce in the microwave for about 30 seconds to make it spreadable. I have made variations of this with a jar of Hershey’s syrup and by poking holes in the cake and pouring the syrup over it.Â Very yummy as well!
- Mix cool whip and about another 1/4 cup of creme de menthe syrup in a small bowl and spread over the cake. Put chopped Andes mints and crushed Oreos on top as well!
- Refrigerate to cool, and Enjoy!Â My kids always ask for the middle piece, where they know they will find lots of the chocolate!
To Joyful, Simplified Living,
MS. Simplicity, also known as Melissa SchmalenbergerÂ operates her business as I Did it with MS. Simplicity.Â She is a Professional Organizer based out of Fargo, ND and her website can be found at www.ididit-fargo.com .Â Need to contact MS. Simplicity privately, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.Â For daily organizing tips find the MS. Simplicity fan pageÂ here.
If you try any of my suggestions, I would love to hear from you.Â It helps me to understand what my readers want me to write about and what they think is a waste of their timeâ€¦.thanks for taking the time to help me out.