The donation challenge that I had on my MS. Simplicity facebook fan page is over.Â Did you participate?Â Thanks to my friend Mara for the suggestion.Â I was able to fill a huge box of items plus an old television.Â It feels so good to get these items out of my house and into the hands of an organization that can give to people in need.Â If you don’t want to miss daily organizing tips, please find MS. Simplicity on facebook and join the path to a simple and more organized life!
Here are a few of the daily challenges:
- February 21: Blankets.Â Have just a few blankets for company or a good snuggle on the couch.Â Seriously consider donating the ones that you no longer use.
- February 22: Self Help Books.Â I had to laugh at this one.Â We all have the books about the latest fad diet, investing money or organizing your home….oh wait, that might just be only me!
- February 23: Picture frames.Â So many of my clients have picture frames.Â Many of these frames are in boxes with a picture that they treasure in the frame.Â Take the picture out fo the frame and donate the frame. The boxes of frames take up room.
- February 24: Dishes that you no longer use.Â I had some Christmas wine glasses that I had never used.Â I received them as a gift, and while I appreciate the thought, it simply is something that I will never use.
- February 25: Note cards that you no longer use, also send out a few handwritten notes while you are at it.
- February 26: Craft projects that have been started but have never been finished.Â One person wrote how she gathered with a group of friends and they all brought their craft projects that were not finished.Â They shared an evening of crafting and then sold the completed projects and donated the money to a charity…..they raised $1,000.Â Sounds like a great idea for a girls night out!
- February 27: find items in your garage that you no longer use….sprinklers…..shovels….etc.
- February 28: Today’s three items are purses/bags/backpacks/luggage. (Inspired by Shelly) I know you have extras that you never use.Â Did you know that homeless shelters and the foster care system always love to receive these as a donation as when kids leave their home it is usually with a plastic bag as a suitcase.
To Joyful, Simplified Living,
MS. Simplicity, also known as Melissa SchmalenbergerÂ operates her business as I Did it with MS. Simplicity.Â She is a Professional Organizer based out of Fargo, ND and her website can be found at www.ididit-fargo.com .Â Need to contact MS. Simplicity privately, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.Â For daily organizing tips find the MS. Simplicity fan pageÂ here.
If you try any of my suggestions, I would love to hear from you.Â It helps me to understand what my readers want me to write about and what they think is a waste of their timeâ€¦.thanks for taking the time to help me out.