Lazy Susans are one of the most overlooked organizing tools.Â Usually with each one of my clients I can find uses for 2 or 3 of them in their homes.Â Traditionally when you think of a lazy susan your mind goes to the lower corner cabinet in the kitchen.Â I want you to use your imagination when thinking of uses for lazy susans.
- They are ideal in places that are hard to reach, such as the cabinets above a fridge or microwave.
- They work for deep cabinets where there is wasted space.
- How about a corner kitchen upper cabinet where the stuff in the back is soon forgotten?
What can you put on a lazy susan?Â Just about anything that you can think of.Â Try to keep like items together.
- Maybe you have a first aid section in an upper cabinet.
- I have my oils and vinegars on two above my microwave.Â Here are the pictures of them in use.
- I have my spices in a corner cabinet where I can fit three lazy susans.
- How about the top shelf of a fridge for the milks and juices.Â They make large lazy susans with deep lips just for this use.
Where can you find lazy susans?Â You can find lazy susans at any of the big box stores.Â Designers are even hopping on the band wagon and making more stylish and trendy looking ones.
This week I want you to find an awkward space in your kitchen where a lazy susan may work.Â
- Pull everything down.
- Wipe down the shelf.
- Go through the contents for old, broken or discarded items.
- Replace what is left on the lazy susan and you got yourself and organized shelf.Â (Make sure that you put the lazy susan on the shelf before placing the items on it.)
To Joyful, Simplified Living,