Everywhere you turn people are talking about making New Year’s Resolutions, but how about sticking with them throughout the year?Â I saw a facebook post from a friend that asked the question “what was your 2010 New Year’s Resolution?”Â Wikipedia states that only 12% of us actually achieve our New Year’s Resolutions.Â Gosh, I don’t remember mine from last year.Â Did I even set any?Â Could it be that maybe it is because I have goals that I set all year long and not just at the beginning of the year?Â Or maybe because I have a Mastermind group that I have been meeting with weekly for over 3 years with?Â There it is, I think my Mastermind group is the key.Â When we meet, I am always mindful of what I have accomplished over the week.Â I think about what worked and what didn’t work.Â With this group I am held accountable to keep making forward progress.Â We read business or spiritual books that help me work on my inner self through either reflection or actual action steps.Â Each Mastermind group is different as it is composed of different personalities.Â Some have come and gone in our group but we still have our core group intact.
Here are some steps that will help you improve your chances of success that I have learned while in my Mastermind group:
- Write your goal down, better yet create a vision board to help you see your goals.Â 80% of us are visual people, so cutting out pictures from a magazine may help you visualize your goals. I took a vision board class two years ago and it is still on my fridge reminding me daily of what I am working towards.
- Write it in positive terms such as “I will be a healthier me in 2011″ or “I will have financial independence”.Â Don’t focus on the negative as that will just bring your spirits down.
- Write down the action steps that you are going to take to make these goals happen.Â If it is financial independence, what are you going to do to make that happen?Â Buy less would be my suggestion as a professional organizer.
- Share your goals with others.Â Make sure that these are people who will help you and not sabatoge your goals.Â
- Review your goals on a regular basis.
Want a fun activity to help you keep those goals in mind?Â Here is something that I am planning to do his year at the New Year’s Eve party we are attending; I am bringing note cards and envelopes.Â I am going to have everyone write themselves a note about what they hope to accomplish in 2011.Â They are going to seal the envelope and address it to themselves.Â I will then take them home with me and put them in the mail in December of 2011.
Do you want more information about joining a Mastermind group in the Fargo metro area?Â You can visit Jodee Bock’s website for openings in her groups, this is what got me started on my journey.Â Remember, you need to take action…maybe this will be your first step.
To Joyful, Simplified Living,
Enjoy my blog, please visit more of my posts on my I Did It blog.
Want to win one of my favorite organizing supplies? Please leave a comment on any of my blog posts here and you will be entered to win the calender I use to keep my family organized. I have not one, but two to give away. Drawing will be held on January 1, 2011 at 9:00 am CST, so leave your comments on any of my blog posts before then.