My family loves these cookies…..they taste great warm from the oven.Â A cookie with a surprise center is always a treat.Â Â The easy part is the fact thatÂ the surprise center is a rolo.Â Â The hard part is they have several steps.Â When I made them there were 4 of us helping.Â I scooped the dough, husband and middle son rolled and put a rolo in and son’s friend rolled the mixture in the sugar and chopped pecans.Â I have been making this recipe for years, so I am not sure of its original source anymore….but whoeverÂ came up withÂ it was genius.Â Â Â I mentioned these to my friend Kelly yesterday whose daughter just happens to love rolos……I hope she has good luck with these!
To view the picture you can see it here.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1cup sugar plus more for rolling the cookie in
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (13 ounce) package Rolo candies
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, 1 cup sugar and brown sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition,. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda, gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Â Shape a tablespoonful of dough around each candy, forming a ball. In a small bowl combine the remaining sugar and pecans; dip each cookie halfway. Place nut side up 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until tops are slightly cracked. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire cooling racks