When I hear the words “no bake cookie” I immediately think”easy”.Â If that is what you think too, then these are not the cookies for you.Â But I also think that I made some mistakes when making these.Â First I put individual scoops of the caramel mixture on parchment to cool and then roll.Â I should have left the mixture to cool in the pan then cool right out of the pan.Â Second, anytime you have to dip something it takes extra time, especially if you have perfectionist tendencies.Â On the plus side….they are very tasty!
I do need to leave you with two time saving tips from this recipe however.Â First, did you know that caramel now comes unwrapped?Â Now I don’t have to bribe my children into unwrapping package after package of caramel for me!Â Second, did you know almond bark comes in individual portions and not the block of death?Â Seriously,I felt I would lose a finger each time I would have to cut almond bark apart to melt.Â Now I just choose how many I want and pop them in a container and into the microwave they go.Â My health insuranceÂ company thanks theÂ inventor of these.
These tasty treats are a knock off ofÂ the 100K candy bars out there.Â The original recipe called them “No Bake Chocolate Billionaires”Â I want to name them “I want to be a Billionaire so Freaking Bad”
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped or my new find Caramel Bits
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1Â cups Rice Krispies
- Chocolate flavored almond bark for dipping
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Combine the caramels and water and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Stir in pecansÂ and cereal until coated.
- Use a melon baller or teaspoon to form balls with the hot mixture.
- Cool in the refrigerator until firm, or if you are from the Midwest, in your garage because it is cold in there.
- Melt the chocolate flavored almond bark.
- Using a fork, dip the pecan ball mixture into the chocolate, covering it completely.
- Place on prepared baking sheets and chill.
Original recipe can be found here.
Blog Subjects365 Clever Cookbooks Appetizers budget business Children Christmas Christmas baking Closets clutter downsizing easy family Family Meals fast meals food gifts graduation grill grilling holiday Holidays kids life main dishes moms money MS. Simplicity New Year's Resolutions organize organized organizing packing parenting parents pasta photos She says SheSays shopping Slow Cooker Spring Organizing Challenge sweets time Vegetarian Week in Review