Another easy Christmas goodie to make.Â I like simple, tasty and something that the kids can help me with.Â You will not find me making those decorated sugar cookies with multi colored icing.Â Rather you will find me making something that can be rolled in a ball or sprinkled with bits of colored sugar.
This recipe can be upgraded with better grades of chocolate, but frankly, this is the cheapest and easiest chocolate to work with.Â There is even a brand of almond bark that has the squares in individual plastic compartments in the package rather than trying to take a whole solid block apart with a huge knife.Â Must have had some lawyers involved for this product redesign…..all I can say is that I love the change!
Want to see the pretty picture I took….visit my regular blog.
- One package of chocolate flavored almond bark
- Â 1 1/2 cups of lightly crushed pretzels
- 1 cup of toffee bits
- 1/2 package of white chocolate flavored almond bark
- Melt the chocolate and stir in pretzels.Â I have found my microwave works best for melting.Â Heat for a minute, stir and then heat in 30 second increments after that.Â Spread the mixture on a wax paper lined baking sheet.Â Cool.
- Melt the white chocolate almond bark and pour on the cooled chocolate pretzel mixture.Â Sprinkle with toffee bits.Â Cool.Â Break in pieces and store in a cool airtight container.
To Joyful, Simplified Living,
Recipe adapted from this site.